Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mr. Refrigerator Pumpkin Head

*** UPDATE*** This item is available for purchase at my Etsy shop! 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/111304813/mr-halloween-refrigerator-pumpkin-head


I love when my ideas come to life!  I was talking to my sister outside a couple of days ago and this one hit me.  And I just couldn't wait to invent!
 
This Halloween craft took only minutes to make.  You will need freezer paper, orange and brown craft paint, scissors, tape, black card stock and self adhesive magnets found in the craft section at WalMart.  That's it!
 
First you tear a good size piece of freezer paper.  On the papery side (not the slick side) draw out a pumpkin shape.  It doesn't matter how good you can draw.  It can be just a circle and a stem. 
 
 
Next, mix a few drops of craft paint with a tablespoon of water in a small bowl or egg carton.  Paint your pumpkin, on the paper side, and allow it to dry.  I like to make craft paint in to water color paint.  It goes further and it creates a different effect when you trace lines darker and lighter inside.  don't forget to paint the stem with watered down brown!  When your pumpkin is dry cut it out and put masking tape, rolled up, around the edges on the back and hang on the refrigerator.
 
 
Draw or trace shapes on the card stock and cut out.  Cut your magnets down to size, peel the back off the magnet and stick them to your shapes.
 


That's it!  You have created your own Mr. Pumpkin Head!  Congrats!





This craft helps kids identify shapes as well as parts of the face!  Learning while having fun is just the best!

1 comment:

  1. The little girl is awful cute ... but I think she needs a manicure!

    ReplyDelete

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks