Thursday, May 9, 2013

Homemade Lavender Face Toner

What is face toner you say?  Well, I use it as a skin refresher after I wash my face and take my make up off.  It helps to remove any left over make up that I missed while giving my skin a small dose of vitamin e and a light and wonderful scent.  I also use it before I put on my daily face lotion.
 
I first found face toner while shopping at the Turnip Truck in Nashville.  I had been in the market for a sort of astringent that wouldn't burn, meaning less alcohol, yet also had a nice scent and a refreshing feel.  The brand that I purchased there was Thayers.  I loved it!  When my toner ran out I thought of driving to Nashville or buying some online.  It was then that I checked the ingredients on the bottle and even though I didn't have any aloe vera and can't think of how to make it from my plants in an oil form (yet), I went to Fred's and bought what little ingredients I didn't already have.  I don't recall how much I gave for my lavender oil but I bet it was under six dollars.  The bottle of witch hazel was under two dollars and the vitamin e oil under two dollars.  Plus, once I settled on how much of everything to use, I can make bottle after bottle whenever I run out.  I even made some for the ladies in my family for Christmas this past year.  I mostly made lavender for them but added tea tree for the teenagers that might need a weapon for acne. 
 
Here is the printable recipe for my face toner.  Enjoy!  Let me know how you like it please!



Bottles with tops like these keep you from using too much.



Use a straw for a dropper if you don't have one.



Give er a good shake before each use too.



Use clear contact paper to stick on bottles.


Oh... just noticed I spelled lavender wrong!  Sorry fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks