Saturday, August 23, 2014

tis the season

I was seriously walking through the yard towards the shop on a hot, humid, not to mention balmy afternoon yesterday while singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year".  Santa's got it all wrong!  Summer time, tomato time, garden time, seventy at night time is, in my own opinion, the most wonderful time of the year.

Tis also the time of year for fruit flies... gnats... in your house if you have any piece of fruit or vegetable sitting out for any length of time in your home.  If you've seen one please believe me there are more.  Many more.  I have shared my recipe for gnat juice twice now and felt the need to share it again.  Mainly because I had to log on today to look up the recipe myself.

By the way, one of my sisters, in a pinch, made the gnat juice using regular white vinegar and it worked.  So if that's all you've got by all means try it!  You will be amazed at how quickly the little buggers go for the concoction!


No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks