Friday, May 1, 2015

literally on the library hold shelf


My library list today consists of a few finds and one old favorite.  The first one sparked my interest while reading a list in the New York Times on great gifts for college graduates.  I didn't feel that  my college graduating niece would be the slightest bit interested in this book but thought maybe I would.  I did read some reviews on Amazon and one said that cities are more big cites and not off the beaten path type stuff.  I don't know which I would be more interested in anyway.  I more like Waymore... drinking and dreamin, knowing damn well I won't go.  Until the Provost comes into play someday.  But then it will be campgrounds and such.

If you saw my post from Tuesday of this week then you know why I want the Tennessee wildflowers book.  I found a few new blooms in the woods this year that I've not seen before and am interested in finding out what they are.  

The Golden Girls I've seen bunches of times in the past.  Both when they were prime time and reruns on Lifetime.  Since we have an outside antenna for our television source and no cable or satellite to watch reruns, if they even still show them, I resort to my beloved library.  I have a tv in the kitchen that is not hooked up to the antenna but does have a dvd player so that's where I watch my old sitcoms and favorite movies over and over again.  I will switch it on in the mornings for a laugh while making coffee and cooking breakfast and in the evenings if Shaun is watching something in the living room that I'm not particularly interested in... which most of the time involves Dirty Harry or Burt Reynolds. He's old fashioned too... just in a different way.  I even sit on the countertop where my tv is in the kitchen to watch it and lately I've noticed that over the last six years I've worn the color off of the drawer handle by putting my foot on it.  

I have seen and loved the movie Practical Magic for many years but have never taken the time to read the book.  So often or maybe every time, the book is better than the movie and I am really hoping so in this case.  I adore the kitchen and plant room/conservatory in the house and hope to goodness the author explains these rooms in detail so my imagination can run wild with it.  Here is the movie version.

Practical Magic~ The best part of the house. I've always wanted a kitchen or greenhouse/reading/craft-space that looks like this, of course I've always wanted a big bridge in my yard too, we don't always get what we want. That is why there is pinterest... 


Gasp!  What I would give for that room.... and that enamelware bin under the table!
 And the kitchen...

I think the house from Practical Magic is my dream home. Lovely rambling old victorian on the edge of some cliffs overlooking the ocean? Yes please.

 And let us not forget the outside of the beautiful Victorian home and the garden that surrounds it.  


The stunning house featured in the 1998 movie Practical Magic is the ne plus ultra of Victorian homes. (image: Victoria Magazine)

OK.. enough day dreaming already!  I've got library books to pick up!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I plan on doing some reading in the Oasis

p.s. Practical Magic pictures found on pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

inappropriate comments will be promptly trashed. thanks